Wednesday 4 December 2013

Thanking God for nuts and bolts



Recently, our children's ministry pastor Mark demonstrated appreciation to all of our church volunteers with a can of "nuts and bolts" mix and thanked them for their dedicated service to the Lord and our church.  It got me thinking of how blessed I am to have so many "nuts and bolts" in my life.  I just wanted to give thanks to them and to the Lord for bringing them into my life.

1. My wife Suzanne.  The most precious earthly gift God has blessed me with.  She works so tirelessly and selflessly as a hard working mother and loving/supportive wife.  I cannot believe how much God has favoured me in this regard.  Without her in my life, I'd truly be lost.

2. My parents and family.  You all are such a rock for me.  Someone to talk to.  To listen to me.  People who truly know the REAL me and love me anyways!  Children who love me equally no matter how tough the day was.  Coming home to my Josh, Sabrina and Ben is such a joy!  Being able to talk to my mom and dad is a tremendous blessing.  Your godly wisdom and supportive ear are vital to my emotional and spiritual health.  My brothers and sister and their spouses are always there for me as well.  Their support and care keep me going in more ways than I can express.  I love you all. (Looking forward to Christmas together!)

In no particular order . . . [I'm not naming names because I don't want to miss anyone, but I hope you all know who you are. ;)]

- Friends of all stripes.  Long time friends who have stuck with me through thick and thin.  I thrive off knowing people with such amazing faith and Christian examples.  Ministry colleagues who understand the pressures and joys of the ministry.  You are always willing to listen to me and pray with me.  And my Board (both present and past members) who have been incredibly supportive through some challenging times of change.  I appreciate you all so much.
- Dedicated staff/volunteers.  I can honestly say that the team I have around me at our church is second to none.  No group does more with greater enthusiasm for Christ than these folks.  They are indeed the "nuts and bolts" of the ministry.  Without them, I would be a shell of a pastor.  From seniors ministry to the children's program; from the cleaning servants during the week to the Sunday am ushering and worship teams to everything in-between, our church is blessed to have so much activity for Christ.  I fully expect a tremendous outpouring of the Holy Spirit and blessing of many new folks coming to our church in the months ahead because of the positive trajectory that has been  enthusiastically embraced by these folks.

God is more than good, He is GREAT!  Thanks Lord for all these "nuts and bolts" in my life.  I experience your love for me in large measure through the love of these folks.  I am truly blessed.

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you . . ." (Philippians 1:3)




No comments:

Post a Comment